Tuesday, April 15, 2008

On the other side..... nice try!!!

So my husband called me from work last week on a beautiful spring day and very sweetly said, "Why don't you bring the kids down and I will take your picture by the waterfront." Of course, I was excited because I am usually ALWAYS on the other side of the camera, therefore have little to no pictures of myself with our kids. I worry that someday when they look back at all their pictures (that will still be on disks because I am a horrible mom and am too busy shooting that I have not put their images in albums!!! ughh) and say, hmm.... was mom ever around!!! There is dad and the kids oh and dad and the kids againg and oh... the dog and the kids. You get the point!! So needless to say I was very excited. It was close to both their birthdays so I thought this would be a great photo opp. What a wonderful husband!!! How nice of him to suggest it. Usually he says, ummm... do you have to bring that camera everywhere we go!( No... he really is VERY supportive!!!)

So, I proceed to get the children ready... running late of course. It is close to dinner time and we know how our children are at that time of the day! We get downtown, meet up with my husband and start shooting. Just to give you a little glimpse of the 15 minutes max that we lasted.... I have posted a few below. They weren't so hot! I have decided that it is hard to be on the other side of the camera especially when it is your husband that is the one with the camera! I think it might be a control thing! haha! I am much more comfortable hiding behind it. Let me tell you... it sure gave me a LOT more appreciation for my clients! You all look so beautiful and natural and this is what we ended up with!!








To top it all off, I ran out of room on my memory card (which I have about 24 gb at home!!!) and my battery just about died. What started out to be a very sweet adventure, turned into chaos in less than 15 minutes. So... all I have to say is this.... THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO SO KINDLY TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO LET ME PHOTOGRAPH YOU AND YOUR LOVELY FAMILIES! I KNOW it is not easy to get it all together and am so impressed with how much more calm you all look in your images that we did! You have much more grace than I and your images show it!

No comments:

Post a Comment