Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

Today is such a special day for me as are most days, but I really LOVE today. When I was a teacher, Environmental Education was my thing. I wrote curriculum for ages prek-adults that revolved around Environmental Ed. It is another major passion in my life. That teacher side of me tries to integrate it into our families daily acitivites from turning off the water to brush our teeth to trying to find new ways of reusing items that would have ended up in the landfill. Now believe me, I know their are times when we all find it difficult to keep up with the day to day and then we have to do all of the EARTH FRIENDLY practices on top of it all... make your own compost, buy organic, walk or bike instead of driving, eat at home instead of out, and so on. While these are ALL wonderful things to do, what I want to encourage you to do is pick ONE thing today that you want to commit to changing in your life. Maybe you recycle the cardboard toilet paper tubes or you try and turn off the water while brushing your teeth. Maybe you help your kids plant a little garden to teach them about where their food comes from. Whatever it may be, choose one thing to do and commit it. Make it a somewhat attainable goal for yourself! Every bit helps!!

Enjoy and happy earth day!

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment